ENVIRONMENT POLICY 2022
Bluemoon is an environmentally conscious business based in the South West of England. Committed to continual improvement and promoting best practice, Bluemoon recognises that the adoption of environmentally preferable business practices is an essential component for ensuring sustainable business growth. Working within the company and with clients Bluemoon is committed to minimising the impact that the business operations have on the environment.
The key objectives are to:
- Use sustainable resources wherever possible
- Minimise waste and prevent pollution
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and applicable codes of practice
- Ensure that clients are aware of the Environmental Policy and encourage them to adopt the same principles
- As a business, and in partnership with others, promote environmental information
- Continually review our environmental performance and improve it on an ongoing basis
KEY STEPS FOR ACHIEVEMENT IN 2022
- Achieve a measurable reduction in office waste, recycle & where possible
- Purchase environmentally friendly and recycled products and local or fairtrade produce
- Travel to location in as environmentally friendly a way as possible, using public transport, cycling or walking where possible and offsetting air travel
- Work in the way with the least environmental impact when on location
QUALITY ASSURANCE POLICY
Bluemoon’s Quality Management system closely follows the guidelines of The Small Business Standard, which is closely aligned to ISO 9001.2000.
Bluemoon is based in the South West of England and is committed to providing its clients with high quality photography suitable for use across all media.
Valuing and meeting the needs of each client on an individual basis, Bluemoon’s service is designed to exceed client expectations, ensuring the best client service and photographic results. Before, during and after carrying out a contract, Bluemoon liaises with the client to ensure they are happy with the level of service and the work carried out.
Committed to continuous improvement, Bluemoon has established a Quality Management System which provides a framework for checking and improving performance and ensure consistent delivery:
- Regular gathering and monitoring of customer feedback
- Keeping up to date with the latest camera equipment, digital software, and current photographic styles
- Technical training and development where required for myself
- Risk assessments against each project
- Dedicated project management for delivery
- Our clients can be assured that Bluemoon has both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance. Certificates are available on request.
Bluemoon has the following processes and procedures in place to meet its policy of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction:
- Regular client reviews
- Monitoring of customer complaints.
Bluemoon takes full responsible for quality, striving to maintain very high standards and providing its clients with access to its quality policy via its website.
This policy is renewed annually. Click here to download this policy
GENERAL POLICY FOR HEALTH, SAFETY & WELFARE AT WORK
In recognition of the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 and other legislation relating to Health and Safety, Bluemoon will take all reasonable measures as far as practically possible and take full responsibility to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all personnel and that of any photo subjects whilst at work.
Bluemoon recognises that the control of all health and safety matters arising from its work activities is not only an essential feature of its efficient operation, but is also a civil and statutory obligation. It is Bluemoon’s policy to:
• Act within the framework of the law and good practice, safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and conditions of work, for the photographer, models, members of the public and others who are affected and working with Bluemoon. All work will be carried out in a safe manner to prevent accidents.
Bluemoon takes the issue of Health and Safety extremely seriously, intending to provide a safe working environment by:
- Providing safe systems of work
- When office based, using safe office equipment
- Using safe and well maintained camera and flash equipment
- Working safely on location
- Transporting all personnel and equipment safely
- Providing adequate and sufficient information, instruction and advice to others
Health and Safety remains the responsibility of Bluemoon and its Health and Safety Policy complies with the current legal requirements and will be updated as appropriate to take account of future developments or changes in UK or EC legislation.
Bluemoon undertakes to review this policy on a regular basis, and in the light of new knowledge, and changing legislation.This review will take place at a maximum of twelve months of the date shown below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
Bluemoon is a professional photography company based in the South West of England.
Bluemoon has an equal opportunities policy that aims to encourage, value and manage diversity in all areas of the business and to be an equal opportunities employer. Bluemoon is committed to providing equality for all and will make a real effort to employ people that are representative of the local community by advertising widely, and by monitoring the ethnicity of job applicants and working to remove real or perceived barriers to under represented groups in society.
Bluemoon does not accept discrimination on the grounds of gender, sex, marital status or gender re-assignment. Nor will it tolerate discrimination on the grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, age or disability.
Bluemoon does not tolerate victimisation, discrimination or harassment in any form and will make it clear that any instance will be investigated and could result in dismissal.
Bluemoon believes that everyone should be treated fairly and on their own merit and ability.This policy will be the ethos of any selection procedure and applies to promotion and training and to dismissal and discipline. Selection criteria and procedures will be reviewed regularly to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
Bluemoon will ensure that all clients and suppliers understand this ethos, making it clear that fair treatment is expected for all and should be maintained.
Bluemoon is responsible for this policy, its implementation and for investigating any instances of discrimination.
Values and Principles
Developing and maintaining good relationships with our local community is at the core of Bluemoon’s work ethic.
Approaching all business matters openly and honestly, Bluemoon will:
- provide innovative products and services giving good value and consistent quality, reliability and safety
- give consistently high levels of customer service
- not knowingly sell products or provide services which which harm our customers
- treat all employees and sub contractors with equal respect and dignity and provide them with equality of opportunity to develop themselves and their careers
- undertake to pay our suppliers and contractors in accordance with agreed terms
- seek to compete fairly. We do not solicit or offer bribes or other improper advantages for business or financial gain
- conduct ourselves with integrity, treating colleagues, clients and suppliers with fairness and respect
We are committed to developing and maintaining good relationships with our local community, and to regularly supporting community activities.
When sourcing suppliers or business alliances, Bluemoon endeavors to forge those relationships with businesses and individuals that share these same ethics and business values.
Your privacy is important to us – we do not share your information with any third parties, nor sell on any data.